These reports were produced in 2012 by consultancy.coop for Mind Cymru in response to their request for a review of the governance and funding arrangements for Mind Cymru. The terms of reference for the review were:-
- To review the effectiveness of current arrangements for governance for Mind’s work in Wales including the Schedule of Delegation within the evolving context of devolution.
- To explore options for best governance arrangements for Mind in relation to Mind Cymru and its wider work in Wales, including sustainable engagement with stakeholders, in the context of devolution and diverging external operating environment. Governance arrangements will need to deliver the most effective outcome for Mind’s beneficiaries in Wales and enable Mind Cymru to be fit for purpose in delivering the 2012-16 strategy
- Scope business development opportunities for Mind Cymru identifying viable current and future income generating and grant funded opportunities within the current Welsh context.
- Scope the extent to which opportunities for business development can be developed in partnership with local Mind’s and /or Mind Retail
- Scope the opportunities for working with (potential) partners in Wales to further develop business opportunities
consultancy.coop worked with Mind UK, Mind Cymru and the local Mind Associations across Wales to produce a realistic appraisal of the potential income streams available to them, together and separately, and analysed the impact these would have on the current governance arrangements, and made recommendations for any necessary changes. We worked with staff and volunteers at all levels to get a broad overview of the situation. During this process we looked at what others were doing in the voluntary and private sectors, and explored the profitability of these possibilities.
The reports are internal and not for publication.